Tuesday 5 June 2012

300 words. "A New Way of Seeing"


I wanted to show in my stop motion film the way that industrial design uses different materials in construction. Over time industrial design has developed in the materials it uses, form natural products such as dirt, clay and wood, through to man made materials like plastic, polystyrene and metal. In my film I wanted it to start from a pile of materials that then moved and formed the letters of “A New Way of Seeing” with each letter being a different material. I want it to go in a time line of the development of materials in industrial design, staring off with sticks and grass and moving up into when man gets tools then to man made products like plastic and polystyrene.
I think one of the main aspects of industrial design is construction and development, so with in my film I want to detail on the making of the letter, so have close up of the textures and joining of the materials rather then showing the whole letter being arranged.
When you making physical design you normally focus on the detailing of a part of the object and don’t look at the whole picture till the end; so in the film I don’t want the whole quote and the letters not to be reviled till the end.
Another attribute I want to show within my film is the way that in industrial design I believe that the laws of physics plays a huge roll in the construction of the model, such as balance, weight distribution and centre of mass. So I wanted to show the restrictions that industrial can have buy showing one of my materials failing and having to show redevelopment of it to fit the laws of physics.
As whole I wanted to show that Industrial design is the new way of seeing how the new development of materials and how even thought that the physics cant be changed to can still improve what it can be constructed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment