Wednesday 12 March 2014

Ideas for PVAp

I want to see how I can put PVA into a real life situation and wanted to use the idea of forming it with cloth. When I think of cloth I think of clothing garments and different ways to push that idea;

  • The first thought of shirts, and when they are in the store they have starch on them to keep them crisp and to keep their shape. but when you wash the shirt the starch washes out making the shirt more comfortable to wear.
    I thought about thinking this Idea further and using PVA intead of starch to create a different quality. I felt that if you soaked the clothing in PVA you could mold it into the shape of someone wearing the garment, this could be used for an avant-garde shop display. Or for catalogs and websites to indicate what the item looked like without using a model and it wouldn't ruin the garment as you could wash it out once no longer needed to keep its shape. 
  • another idea I had was to use PVA on one use garments like costumes or gowns, as these garments are one off products you want them to stand out and look unique, so you could use PVA to crate unique forms and shapes to the fabric but still lets you move in the fabric and it will come back to its molded shape. It is also light and breathable to an extent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment