Saturday 5 May 2012

Examples of Fireworks

A I had decided to make my film on the word fire works I felt I needed to to a bit of research on how fireworks moved; were the climax was, the timing between each movement was, how the fireworks moved up and out, and how i could execute it into a two diminutional film using only letters.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy_9bx6U8_0
This is the first video clip I looked at, it is the fireworks display on News years day 2011 in london, this clip showed a wide variety of different styles of fireworks, this video helped me to think of the way I could execute the word, how the fireworks starts at a point, shouts up with a high pitched squeal, pauses at a point then fires out at all direction with a bang making a sphere shape and then due to gravity the streams of light fall down and then the fade out with a crackling sound.
From this I knew I wanted to make the word that shot up fast then disappear, pause for a dramatic effect with silence, the whole word to come out from the center with a bang, all moving off at different directions starting off fast and slowing down and they moved out, as the upper strands would move down due to gravity.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWagK42ObUA
As that last video was actual footage of fireworks I still had problems trying to made a 3 dimensional movement into a two dimensional film so I decided to find other people attempts of animating fireworks, this film is the one I found most helpful, as it was simple and easy to follow and reflected on what is the most alike how I wanted some of the aspects to look like my film. this film help to show the rhythm and timing of my film and also helped to show how to create fireworks in a two dimensional form.

No comments:

Post a Comment