Saturday 5 May 2012

storyboards 1&2

The first word I wanted to develop into a storyboard was 'Grow", I wanted to imitate it like the growth of a plant starting form the ground and growing up, becoming stronger as it grew up. Which is why I wanted it to enlarge in text as it grew up to help show strength. Another aspect I wanted to grasp was the to imitate it like a flower with the use of changing the G to uppercase, to help give a sense of contrast, as when a flower blossoms it contrasts the rest of the plant with the use of colour and size. So changing the G to a capital and enlarging it to becoming larger then rest of the word it then gives contrast to the rest of the word. The last point I wanted to show is how the fact that when one plant grows there is aways more growing around it, which is why when one 'plant' is fully grown in the film I then wanted to show more growing up in the same area, all different sizes and growing at different times. 
The reason why I didn't choose this one was because I believed that this word wasn't strongly enough executed there was no climax or big finale, every thing moved at the same pace

The second word I wanted to develop into a story board was "sneeze" I thought it would be quite a unique word to execute into a film, to show the different stages of a sneeze from the breathing in and the tickle to the actual sneeze and ending to if it hit a surface. In this film I wanted to give the scene that the 'camera' was moving and give different views on the movement of the word, for example in the 4th to 6th frame i wanted to give the impression that the camera was changing to give a different view like the word was moving away from the screen and no longer across the screen. When the word 'hits' the surface I wanted it to show the mannerisms of a liquid object hitting a vertical surface in the way that the words are then elongated and moving downwards due to gravity and when all the letters 'hit' hit the surface they all emerge out from the point of impact.
The reason why i didn't use this film was because I felt that it was to simplistic and dragged on a bit to much at the end, I believed the climax was the sneeze and so i felt I should have made a bigger build up to the sneeze like the irritation and tickling sensation and then not played around as much with the movement afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment