Wednesday 12 September 2012

marauders map

I liked the idea of the marauders map in the harry potter series, in the way that it not only a map to guide you around the school but also tells you were people are located within the school premiers, I know you cant have a map like this as we do not come from a magical world but I fell that I could incorporate some of this aspect into my app.

So I felt that I could try incorporate something similar like this into my app with the use of technology as I feel that the hardest thing to find is not a building but trying to find a person, so I felt that in my app you could not only use it to find your way to and from a building but also to find people.

I think you could use the finding of people you know, in a way you could add your fiends to it, or you could find lecturers and tutors when they are around campus and it could tell you if they are on campus and where they are located, of tell you if they are busy, such as if they have a class on, because there is nothing worse they spending half a day trying to find your tutor to find they aren't on campus.


also another thing i like of the marauders map is the aesthetics, I like the old fashioned feel to it, they way they use foot prints to path the way and the way that the walls are made up with the name of the room, i think it gives a unique and cleaver way of presenting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment