Sunday 19 August 2012

changing the design

I felt that I wanted to expand on the idea of flattening out the rubber by putting it in a grid so that I could put the different substances under each of the squares, In this I pulled out two balloons to create this.



with this I wanted to make it into a box were you could fell the textures on different sides of the box. so it was easier to feel the textures the objects give off.


to trial this I placed one of the balloons inside to see if it worked, and it did you could still feel the objects enclosed but now had the support of the card and don't have the iconic shape of the balloons.

  i felt that if I wanted to make this into a actual model I had to get a bigger piece of rubber, so I found a shop off Cuba St that sold large balloons so I bought a 'small' and a 'medium" of the lager balloons. I felt that if I used these instead of the normal sized ones they wouldn't pull as much as the normal ones ashen starched out and would be thicker then them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment