Friday 17 August 2012

Pulling the rubber out

I felt that I could try move away for the look of round balloons, I felt that it didn't push my abilities with design as the shape of the balloon was iconic and my work I didn't wasn't it to focus on balloons but the rubber the balloons that they are made of. I like that they are very malleable, fixable and a good material to feel the textures and destines of the objects inclosed inside.

so I decided to pull the rubber into sheets, In doing this i came across a few problems; I found that the only way to attach the rubber to the card was to double sided tape it to the card, as glue wouldn't stick and nailing or shaping it would of made the rubber rip, I also had to use card as double sided tape won't stick to wood or plastic. the last problem I came across was the thickness of the card as the thiner card bent under the presser of the rubber wanting to pull back to its rest state.


I found that 2mm card was the best to work with as it was strong enough to hold the force of the rubber and was still easy enough to cut into shape 

No comments:

Post a Comment