Wednesday 31 July 2013

Drinking Ice cold water, Auto-­‐Ethnography.

One of the three ethnography's I chose to look at was drinking cold water.  

Temperature/touch: I feel the that temperature of water plays a big part when drinking it, I feel different when drinking warm, cold and room temperature water. I felt that in this ethnography temperature and touch interrelate as when I drink the water I can feel a cold sensation go down my throat and into my stomach. I can also feel the water move from the glass into my mouth feeling the weight of the glass change. The glass is cold and is wet from condensation and can feel the groves on the glass press against my fingers.

Taste: When I think of the taste of cold water I think of the taste from a jug I have at home, It is a big metal jug that when drinking water from it has a metal taste to it, and now I feel is what proper cold water should taste like and always hope that water not from that jug will taste like that.

Sound: I am unfortunately a loud drinker so when consuming water I hear the sound of myself swallowing, it is a loud sound that I normally get in trouble from my family from when drinking at the dinner table. 

Smell: when drink water I can smell a faint smell of the dishwashing liquid from the last time it was cleaned and the smell of the plastic from the cup containing the water, soapy musty smell. 

Sight: I always like the look of condensation forming on the glass after pouring the water in, I like the indication it gives to show that the water inside is cold. I sometimes find that then I am drinking and I look down at my glass in my hand I go cross eyed and my vision blurs up 


These are the two images I picked to show my ethnography, the top one i feels shows the touch of the water as I drink it as you see the water on my lips and I feel the second one focuses more on my sight as when I look down at my glass when I am drinking my vision is limited so I think represses but from someone else's view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment