Saturday 27 July 2013

kaleidoscope

Another idea I had to show light differently was the idea of a kaleidoscope, a  kaleidoscope is a cylinder with mirrors containing loose, colored objects such as beads or pebbles and bits of glass. As the viewer looks into one end, light entering the other creates a colorful pattern, due to the reflection off of the mirrors. I don't want to make a kaleidoscope as my light but I like the that it is random and for ever changing it pattern, by moving the objects the coloured beads and glass then move creating a different pattern never to be repeated again. 


I came up with two ideas to portray the technique of the kaleidoscope, one was similar to the water lights with in balancing on a rounded bottom and when rocking it the beads/glass move and then would change the lights colour being emitted though. The other is the light on a stand (reusing the bendy one from the lamp I dissembled), in order to make the beads/glass move from inside the lamp is to bend the head of the lamp around, when moving the lamp the bead will change places resulting in the colour of the light changing and changing the pattern.I felt that this one one would resemble the 'redesign' part of the project more as it will be using the stand from the lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment