Saturday 27 July 2013

First light ideas


I wanted to look at different ways to design my light, I wanted to focus on ways to stop/control light; 

One idea I had was to cut shapes into materials to create a pattern with light, I want to do a pattern that is simple as I feel that if i made the pattern to complex it will take the focus away from the light its self and focus on the pattern the light is making, It will become more of an art feature rather then an interesting light feature. 
Another Idea I had was to to focus the light so it only went on one point or area of a room, as sometimes when light a space you don't want light to be fulling up the whole room but only the part you are using fro example you only want it on you desk or on you bed. An idea I had for designing this was to create away to angle light in to a point by stopping light traveling away from the directed position by having angled groves or walls pointing in the way of the wanted potion. 
The last idea I had was to create moving light/shadows, I felt that this would give a different approach to stop and controlling light. A way I was planing to do this was to have a stationary light fixture and then have the cut out lamp shade spin around it resulting in moving shadows from where the light docent escape, I don't feel that the moving component should move very fast as if it moves to fast it draw away form the focus on the moving shadows and focus more on fast flickering light which I feel will give a cheep and tacky feel to the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment