Wednesday 14 August 2013

Caitlin.

Caitlin is a 19 year old full time worker
Video:


Story behind tying up laces:

The way I tie my shoes has changed over the years depending on the type of shoe. It has developed with the changes in fashion since I was young and how ideal the technique is for each specific shoe. I tie my vans this specific way because after they are on I do not need to think about the laces anymore. For an example, if they come undone and I trip over them or if they get dirty. They are tucked away safely in my shoes and are not a concern. I always put my right shoe on first and have done that since I first learnt to tie my shoe laces. I do this because I am right handed and also a little OCD. I like my shoes to not be too tight but tight enough for them to stay on my feet. I always wear socks with my vans. I find it uncomfortable without and they tend to decrease smell.

Caitlin felt that sight was the main part associated with putting on your shoes and how it looked in the end result as she didn't want the lacers to be seen and touched them into her shoe after she had double knotted them. When watching her tie them I could see that touch played a big part in the way she tied them up as she would keep the lacers loose for the first knot, not have to much tension on the rope and then when it came to the second knot she would pull it tighter making sure it wouldn't move.

The drawing:


No comments:

Post a Comment