Tuesday 10 September 2013

Comfort Touch.

Touch is a big factor when tying up your laces and it comes as second nature to tie them up and you do this act subconsciously with out looking. I felt to inherence the touch with comfort I would play round with textures and fabrics used. I went to a fabric store and looked at what the had that was deemed as comfortable I found out that lamb skin rugs what the most comfortable fabric but was not affordable so I looked for an alternative, I found an acrylic fur which was not the most visually appealing fabric as it is leopard print but I felt that as this experiment was on touch rather then sight it was ok.
I then looked for changing the feel of the laces and found a wide saturn ribbon I felt that wider ribbon the better as it was easer to hold and wrap though your fingers.



As shoe making isn't my strongest point I wanted to make it as simple as posable and designed  a pattern that only used one bit of fabric and no sowing needed it wasn't going to be the most piratical shoe but I wanted to show comfort rather then practicality. It has normal laces that are stitched across the top of the shoe and then you tie them at the top on the the ankle just like a normal shoe so the act of tying up your shoes will not change.
 



I found that when putting on you shoe with no sock on rater then with socks the touch was stronger enhancing the comfort as you could feel the soft furry fabric more as it brushed against your feet, the fur was warm and kept the heat and I found that warmer temperature came off more comfortable then colder temperatures, it made you feel more at home and inviting to put your foot into the shoe as it reassured you that 'it was going to be ok'. I found the wide satin laces very easy you use and the sensation of the softness of the laces made it a peasant experience also as the ribbon was silky smooth it was easy to tie up and tighten as there was no friction as the bows were pulled together making the act easy to make resulting in making it a comfortable experience and enhancing the accept of touch as I feel you you feel think about touch in the textual aspect when you are tying your shoes rather the tension and tightened the laces play on the shoe.

Image One

Image Two

No comments:

Post a Comment