Saturday 14 September 2013

Wax light

I came a cross the light one night as was really inspire by it, on how such as simple concept had a looked so unique and could stand out so strongly. So i felt i would change my idea for my light to use this as a precedent,


I really liked the fluid organic forms and movement the wax makes when the the light it on. I enjoy how a harsh shape of the way the wax starts with moves into soft unpredictable shapes as it melts down. I love the warm coloured light that comes though the wax and the different shadows and brightness it creates in the different thicknesses of the wax and when the wax melts away the light becomes stronger. 
another part of the light that fascinated me was the way the wax was reused, it was designed so the wax would drop in to a cup below the lighting fixture and would remold the shape of the wax so it can be re used. the problem with this is I don't think it would work properly as air would become trapped in the bottom case and it wouldn't dry flat on the top so it would never look the same as the original, but I guess that the fun and uniqueness of it.
I would use the concept of wax and light as I feel that those are two strong complainants together and its quite a unique way to show different aspects of light and lights don't just produce light but some lights such as halogen lights also produce heat. I would play around with what way the wax falls (falling off the frame or having it above the frame and have it fall around it) or i could get it to fall on to something like fall into water or fall onto an uneven surface to adjust the way the wax would form.

No comments:

Post a Comment