Saturday 14 September 2013

water light

I looked into creating a light that used water to produce the current like the "water graffiti wall", I tried to think of other ways to make water interactive and unique in a simple way to create the circuit as that is not my strongest part of design, so the simpler the better.

I first idea I had was to form a kind of funnel so that you would pour water down the center and it would core the lights to turn on and I would design a pattern, I thought about the patters first I came up with the ides where when the water flowed though the lights would turn on in a spiral starting from the top and working its way down, the next I thought rings which different lights would turn on in an unexpected pattern making the whole experience unexpected. and the last was just vertical strips that when the water hit the bottom of the funnel the lights would flash.
another idea I had was to have multiple small funnels that would capture the water in different parts so when then different funnels get water different lights would turn on. this design seemed more interactive and unique I also thought it would be easier to execute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment