Saturday 7 September 2013

Reading on Comfort.

James J Farrell. (2009). Comfort. The Clergy Journal, 85(3), 46.

I found a short reading on comfort, In the reading it suggested that we take comfort for granted and that " people are animals designed for sensory simulation but comfort doesn't do too well" it is suggested that comfort is stronger after discomfort the example was given that a hot shower is more pleasurable after a week of tramping then a shower at the same temperature everyday.  so an experiment I could do to create comfort was to see if I came up with an experience that was deemed "uncomfortable"  and repeat it a few times (3-5 times) and then the last time I don some thing that is deemed "comfortable" and see if it generates a stronger sensation of comfort then if I did it with out "discomfort".

No comments:

Post a Comment